fredag 9. mai 2008

HUNTER/CONVERSE/DAMN EDITORS & OTHER EMPLOYERS/PAT BATEMAN

“They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble.”
Sam, 2, 5

I saw the new Converse campaign today and I can’t fucking believe they’re using a photo of Hunter S. Thompson. What’s next? P.J. O’Rourke in a Diesel ad? Norman Mailer in a Gatorade campaign?

I didn’t know political journalists were such hot marketing vessels. But, what the hell do I know anyway. Nothing. I know nothing.

Just sent off a radio documentary to the public broadcaster in Norway about the low powered radio-thing they’ve got going here in NZ. Pretty interesting stuff. Of course I’m gonna think it’s interesting. I fucking made it. But, according to objective journalistic criteria it also has a certain amount of news value the right amount of depth, and so on and so on. Now buy it pleeeaaase.

Damn editors and other people in power! I just went to The Second Interview(!) for this job that I REALLY want today. God knows if I’ll get it. hope, pray and beg that I’ll get it and I’ll know by the end of next week.

They called from a voice over place today and asked if I could do some stuff tomorrow. It should be easy money - just speak into a mic for half an hour - make $100. If only I could that EVERY half an hour.

I’ll watch some American Psycho now. Just coming up to the scene where Pat Bateman fucks the two prostitutes while watching himself in the mirror. Classic scene. Not as classic as the next one, when they’re all lying in bed, sleeping, and Bateman wakes up and says “do not touch the watch”.


Ingen kommentarer: