mandag 5. mai 2008

INTERNET/ADAM CURTIS/THE SECOND INTERVIEW

“There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”
Gen, 6, 4

So fucking internet doesn’t fucking work. Well. What are you gonna do. Guess I’ll have to party like it’s 1989 then.

I think I know why it doesn’t work too. Just as I was reading e-mails ths morning I decided to watch some of Adam Curtis’ The Trap while having breakfast. Now, this documentary is, as far as I know, about how the government divides and conquers its people. Obviously that wasn’t very popular with The Man here in NZ.

In other news… I finished production on a mad track today. I think this one could be a decent banger but due to internet being down no one can hear it at this point except my close neighbours.

I have been invited to Le Zecond Ynterview for that job I went for last week. This is great news. I really, really want that job. Hopefully I won’t look/sound/seem to desperate on friday when I’m meeting with them again.

I always find it hard to keep it cool in job interviews. Obviously I don’t want to kep it too cool – I want them to understand that I want the job. But, then again, I don’t want to seem like I can’t get another job.

Freelancing is going well. I just got another story published. This time in northern Europe’s largest science portal, http://www.forskning.no. This is pretty big for me. It’s the first time I’ve written a story on science and they loved it. That’s what they said anyway. They said it was “well written”. I know this doesn’t really mean that I’m the new Capote or Faulkner since the person who said it was a scientist, but it’s still nice to hear.

Yup internet is back up. I’m having soup for dinner.



Ingen kommentarer: